Obsessed with attention, a manipulator who does whatever it takes to benefit him, regardless of who he screws over. They will screw over anyone and everyone as long as they get what they want
Sadly, fuckboys don’t walk around with a sign on their head. One of their most irritating features is their ability to come across as a nice guy… and by the time you realise the truth, it’s too late. You’re hooked.
Any gal who has waded through the swamp of dating knows that in today’s world, the chances of meeting a fuckboy is about the same as walking past a Pret-A-Manger in central London.
Before you get yourself full hooked onto a fuckboy, it is imperative that you pick up on signs and hints of said fuckboyism. Is this a toxic relationship? If you answer ‘yes’, ‘omg he does that!’ or ‘ah, yeah that’s true’, to three or more of the following, don’t ignore it or feign ignorance! Ditch the dude pronto…
1. He only sees you when it’s convenient for him, usually between the hours of 8pm and 11pm.
2. All talk and no do: They say they’d like to see you, but never initiates an actual date.
3. He expects you to come to him, or to arrange seeing him, or make the effort.
4. He ‘doesn’t like labels’. If you approach the subject of exclusivity or ask if he’s seeing anyone else, he avoids answering and says something vague.
5. He’ll go AWOL for days without you hearing from him, and when he finally appears he acts like it’s a perfectly okay thing to do and gives no apology or explanation.
6. He will always tell you what you want to hear. Or make you feel like the crazy one for bringing up if something is wrong, or if you want something more.
7. If another guy flirts with you in front of him, he isn’t bothered or fazed. It’s not because he respects you, it’s because he genuinely doesn’t care.
8. When you bump into other people when you’re out, he won’t introduce you as his girlfriend, maybe even doesn’t introduce you at all.
9. You have no idea who he’s constantly messaging, but they are definitely not all his mates…
10. Your dates consist of lots of netflix and chills: he doesn’t like being seen in public with you
11. He describes all of his exes as ‘crazy’, ‘psycho’, or obsessed with putting a label on the non-relationship
12. You don’t exist as part of his life according to social media, and he actively avoids having photos with you, or being tagged as with you
13. He will point out when you look tired, or not looking as good as you ‘should’ be.
Never settle for the inevitable crap, disappointment and ultimate heartbreak which will happen if you continue on this treacherous course… There are plenty of genuine, amazing and nice guys who will treat you right, forget this one and move on!